Cat Friendly Clinic
Heywood Cat Friendly Clinic
Cats are independent, territorial animals that need to be in control of their surroundings and are sensitive to different smells. These things can make your visit to a vet clinic stressful.
Here at Heywood Veterinary Group we always want to make your visit smooth and relaxed. Because of that, we’re delighted to offer this new facility to our clients and their furry friends.
Our practice in Heywood has been adapted to meet the requirements from the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) achieving the Silver Status. The ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic programme means that our clinic have reached a higher standard of cat care in that we:
Understand the needs of cats and have made vet visits more cat-friendly
Understand how to approach and handle cats gently and with care
Have good knowledge and equipment to manage the care of cats
About the Cat Friendly Clinic Programme
Cat Friendly Clinic is a worldwide programme from the International Society of Feline Medicine, the veterinary division of the charity International Cat Care.
The CFC programme is designed to help address these issues by creating more cat friendly clinics and reducing the stress for cats, dogs and owners.
What does it mean for my cat and me?
1) The clinic has achieved certain minimum accreditation standards
2) The clinic and clinic staff have thought about the specific needs of cats
3) The staff will be happy to talk with you, show you what they do, and show you around the clinic
Our Silver CFC accreditation
1) Separate area in waiting room for cats
2) Dogs and cats separated in ward and minimum cage sizes
3) Safe, secure and well equipped consulting room and additional equipment like x-rays, dental facilities, etc